Educators Summer Workshop
Special Olympics South Carolina invites educators, administrators and program coordinators to the Summer Workshop for Education & Health on Tuesday, August 7th. This professional development opportunity explores education and health initiatives through Special Olympics, including our Unified Champion Schools movement.
WARNING: This may be the MOST FUN you’ve ever experienced at a professional development opportunity!
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Free to participants (includes lunch)
- Qualifies for Continuing Education Credits for Educators (certificates provided)
- Provides opportunity to plug into a state-wide network and UCS Education Cohorts of passionate coaches, educators, advocates and leaders for Special Olympics programs.
- Provides an opportunity for certification from the Special Olympics HEALTH program, South Carolina Team Wellness (space is limited; must be pre-registered) and NEW Young Athletes Coaches Certification (must be pre-registered)
- Cohort discussions and Breakout Sessions will cover topics such as Unified Champion School best practices, Unified PE, inclusive youth leadership, inclusive clubs, school climate strategies, sports training, hosting events, creating leadership teams, and collaborations among special and general education.
WHO: This Workshop would be especially well-suited for Physical Education and Special Education teachers, but is not limited to these fields! We have educators, guidance counselors, Athletic Directors, administrators, coaches, inclusive youth leadership teams and key volunteers representing a variety of backgrounds and positions which is what UNIFIED is all about! Collaborations and partnerships strengthen these programs in schools and communities.
WHERE: The River Center at Saluda Shoals Park; 5605 Bush River Road, Columbia
HOW: Registering for the SO Summer Workshop for Education & Health is simple! Click on this link and fill out the short registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/DoBM5nzwCaJ5vivZ2
OR, contact Barbara Oswald at Boswald@so-sc.org; 803-404-5513.