Become a Coach
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Special Olympics South Carolina coach.
Complete these simple steps to become a Certified Coach.
Coaches must be at least 18 years of age. Anyone between the ages of 14-17 can attend a training/take an online course to become a Junior Coach.
- Each sport team or Area attending a State level competition must have at least one (1) Certified Coach in each specific sport they have competing at the event.
- A person must be a Certified Coach to serve as a Coach on a regional, national or international level.
For any questions or for more information contact: Kelly Garrick, Senior Director of Sports & Competition – firstname.lastname@example.org
racism in america essay essays about community service cytotec at maths cubes coursework source is viagra included in health insurance how much viagra https://thembl.org/masters/essay-i-love-music/60/ rubin carter innocent essay go to link short essays for school magazine creative writing describing nature https://eventorum.puc.edu/usarx/wo-kauft-man-viagra-am-besten/82/ https://psijax.edu/medicine/precio-viagra-en-bolivia/50/ niacin viagra interaction the homework myth https://medpsychmd.com/nurse/peyronies-viagra-treatment/63/ mla handbook for writing research papers essay on winter for kids czech republic essays andorra viagra femenina source site buy levitra qatar taking viagra side effects go 5 should state colleges be free to attend essay essay in hindi berojgari https://www.accap.org/storage/birth-control-accutane/28/ follow url https://westsidechristianfellowship.org/format/dissertation-critique-anne-hbert/36/ romeo and juliet capulet essay Certified Coach
- Contact your local Area Program.
- Complete the Class A Volunteer Registration.
- Complete the General Orientation and confirmation test.
- Complete Protective Behaviors, a 15 minute online course to learn how to recognize and handle signs of abusive behaviors.
- Complete Concussion Recognition
- Complete Coaching Special Olympics Athletes and confirmation test.
- If coaching a Unified Sports Team, complete the Coaching Unified Sports course through the National Federation of High School Sports (NFHS)
- Request a Sports Skills Course in your sport of interest.
- Complete TEN practicum hours, time actually spent training Special Olympics athletes after attending a training school.
Advanced Certified Coach (Complete all of the above Certified Coach Requirements)
- Complete Principles of Coaching and take the online confirmation test.
- Complete the Heat Illness Prevention course through NFHS.
Maintaining Your Coach Certification
Your coach certification is valid for three (3) years. To avoid expiration, take one of the following courses:
- General Orientation
- Coaching Special Olympics Athletes
- Concussion Recognition
- Sports Skills Course
- Unified Sports Course
- Principles of Coaching
- First Aid
- National Federation of High Schools Course
- National Governing Body Sports Course